I AM COMMITMENT.
Preventing another stroke is my superpower. Taking small steps today to defeat stroke!
I WILL Prevent Another Stroke
1 in 4 stroke survivors will have another. Yet up to 80% of strokes may be prevented with a combination of medication and healthy habits, such as healthy diet and physical activity, that can have a big impact.
Secondary Stroke Prevention
Learn about the new guideline released by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for prevention of stroke in patients with previous stroke or a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Schedule time with your doctor to better understand the steps you can take to reduce your chance of another ischemic stroke.
Talk to your doctor about a prevention plan that could include:
Managing High Blood Pressure
Manage Blood Glucose
Take prescribed medications and check with your doctor before making any changes.
Resources for Preventing Another Stroke
- High Blood Pressure and Stroke Infographic
- Preventing Another Stroke - 2021 Guidelines (PDF)
- I AM Determined to Prevent Another Stroke Infographic
- ESTOY decidado a prevenir otro ataque o derrame cerebral infografía
- I WILL Prevent Another Heart Attack or Stroke (Video)
- What To Do Instead of Having Another Stroke (PDF)
- Secondary Stroke Prevention Checklist for Health Care Professionals (PDF)
- Taking Steps to Prevent Another Stroke Sheet (PDF)
- Life After Stroke guide (PDF)
- Guía de la vida tras un ataque cerebral (PDF)
- 5 Key Facts About Stroke Infographic
- 5 Hechos Clave Sobre el Ataque Cerebral Infografía
- No Tendré Más Ataques Cardíacos ni Cerebrales (Video)
- Aspirin and Stroke
Stroke is an EMERGENCY. Call 911 if these signs are present.
Hover—or click if you’re on your mobile—on the F.A.S.T. tiles.