TRICARE, formerly Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services (CHAMPUS), provides inpatient and outpatient care for current and retired military personnel and their dependents, and some members of the Reserve.
If TRICARE denies your drug or service, you can appeal.
You have up to 90 days from the date of the TRICARE Claim Decision document to submit a Request for Reconsideration. Be sure to include a:
- Signed document with your name, address and phone number
- Reason(s) you don’t agree
- Name of the drug or service you want covered
- Copy of the Claim Decision
- Copy of the Appointment of Representative form (if you have an appointed representative)
- Medical record or other important information
Mail to: Express Scripts, Inc. P.O. Box 60903 Phoenix, AZ 85082-0903
For more information, go to TricareMil or call Express Scripts, Inc. at 1-877-363-1303 (in the United States) or 1-866-275-4732 (outside the United States where toll-free service is established).