Sometimes the right gear can make or break your sweat sesh. With a few simple tweaks, you can get your wardrobe workout-ready in no time.
Protect Your Skin:
- Avoid blisters with double-layered athletic socks
- Wear thin layers with flat seams to reduce chafing
- Look for UV-blocking clothing, hats and sunglasses
- Get fitted by a professional at an athletic store
- Give your feet room to swell with a slight larger size than you’d typically wear
- Choose a shoe based on comfort, not on its construction
- Replace your shoes when they no longer feel supportive
- Wear lighter colors to stay visible at dawn and dusk
- Use reflective clothing, tape and vests
- Attach LED lights or reflectors to your shoes
- Choose moisture-wicking fabrics instead of cotton
- When it’s cold, dress in layers
- Invest in a lightweight rain jacket with air vents
- Wear hats, scarves and gloves to keep warmth in
- Invest in a sports bra that’s supportive but not too tight
- Men need support too! Spring for some breathable athletic underwear
Learn more at heart.org/HealthyForGood
Receive healthy living tips and be Healthy for Good™!
NOTE: All fields required unless indicated as optional.