Registration opens May 17, 2021 for the Sixth Annual Foodscape Innovation Summit.
- Event Date: June 15, 2021
- Event Time: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm CDT
Registration is required for this virtual event. Registered attendees will receive meeting access details.
Join Dr Eduardo Sanchez, the American Heart Association’s Chief Medical Officer for Prevention, in conversation with leaders in food, health, community, regulatory, and research communities to explore building bridges for nutrition security and health equity.
2021 Program Highlights:
- Keynote Speaker: Sara Bleich, PhD, Senior Advisor for COVID-19, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Presenting Sponsor: Marc Watkins, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Vice President, Kroger
- Foodscape Innovation Vignettes Panel: Food system stakeholders will present 5-minute vignettes on nutritional, environmental sustainability, affordability, and communications innovations, including successes and lessons learned
- Cultivating a Food System Grounded in Health Equity Panel: Speakers will explore the roles of food production, media and communications technology, healthcare, and communities
- Building Bridges Across Systems and Sectors: Panelists will explore the tensions inherent in collaboration across systems and sectors, and the exponential opportunity for sustainability and impact when those tensions are acknowledged and addressed
The Annual Foodscape Innovation Summit is an essential part of the American Heart Association’s food systems work in support of health equity.
To transform a system, all stakeholders must communicate to find common ground for action. We convene the Foodscape Innovation Summit annually to engage in dialogue with thought leaders and stakeholders throughout the food system. We come together from non-profit, corporate, government, and academic sectors to find common ground and explore collaborative solutions to challenges facing the food system. Learnings from the summit inform data-driven, cross-sector, coordinated action for the health of people and planet.
At a time of deep disruption in the global food ecosystem, the 5th Annual Foodscape Innovation Summit Report offered multisector insights into opportunities to learn, collaborate, transform communities, advance research, and transform communication with people.
- Read the 5th Annual Foodscape Innovation Summit Report
- Read the 4th Annual Foodscape Innovation Summit Report
Food system leaders who are interested in contributing to our efforts to accelerate progress in the food system are invited to contact Foodscape Innovation team to learn more.