Welcome to the Social Media hub for the Midwest Affiliate of the American Heart Association (KS, MO, NE, SD, ND, MN, MI, IN, WI, IL, IA).
Here you will find a listing of our local social media presences as well as shareable social media messaging. We encourage you to like, follow or connect with us to receive information on local events, health tips and breaking AHA|ASA news.
Social Media Ambassadors
If you like social media and are passionate about ending heart disease and stroke, this is the volunteer opportunity for you! At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we use social media as an opportunity to share stories, spread messages and raise awareness. By joining us in our social media efforts, we can engage with more people and ultimately save more lives! Remember, you are powerful - sharing content through your personal network can influence friends, family and even strangers to make healthier decisions.
What are we looking for in a social media ambassador?
- Social media savvy – active on at least one major platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Passionate about helping us further our mission of creating more lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke
- Willingness to engage on our existing regional pages or share information with your own fans or followers on an ongoing basis
What would I do as a social media ambassador?
- Use American Heart Association hashtags in all your American Heart Association related posts
- Share or comment on your regional AHA|ASA social media posts
- Utilize the library of social media content provided by the AHA|ASA on your own accounts regularly
- Participate in social media events such as Twitter Chats, as possible
- Opportunity to help run social media components at local events. Examples include; selfie stops, social media booths, etc.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Fill out the contact form: