American Heart Association Mission
To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Young Professionals Mission
The mission of the Young Professionals (YP) is to engage and encourage its members to promote, provide leadership, and support the American Heart Association within each member's individual network and community. The group is led by young leaders in Connecticut who want to act and make a difference by increasing awareness, education and funds for heart disease and stroke, all while building a healthier community.
Young Professionals members share their resources, time and talents as they serve as representatives within their community. Members aim to raise awareness for heart disease and stroke through activities, events, and volunteerism.
Why Do We Do What We Do?
The numbers speak for themselves: we lose an American to heart disease and stroke every 39 seconds. For young adults under the age of 40, our rates are rising. The YP's are going to change that. YP Volunteers are inspired to get involved, be it because their lives have been directly or indirectly affected by heart diseases and stroke, or because they want to be a part of this active community.
Benefits of Joining the American Heart Association Young Professionals:
- Network with experienced and emerging leaders in Connecticut
- Develop your professional leadership skills
- Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the non-profit sector and philanthropy
- Give back to the community by supporting an organization doing vital work
- Play an active role in engaging other young people in the work of the American Heart Association
- Meet other passionate young people and have fun!
Ready to Get Involved?
If you have questions about the Young Professionals or want to learn how to get involved, please contact Maggie Fitter at (203) 710-4930 or Maggie.Fitter@heart.org.