Lee's Summit Community Aphasia Group
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Central
- Alissa Potocnik
- [email protected]
- Lee's Summit Medical Center 3rd Floor Spruce Room
In Person: 2nd and 4th Thursdays at Lee's Summit Medical Center/Spruce Room:
4:30-5pm: Welcome and large group education/discussion
5-6pm: Members with aphasia participate in conversation group while loved ones and caregivers visit, take a one hour break, or participate in an educational program
on Zoom: 1st and 3rd Thursdays (email facilitator for Zoom link) 5-6pm
Purpose of our Community Aphasia Group:
1. Reduce feelings of isolation by connecting people with common experiences and concerns
2. Provide education, resources, support and encouragement for members with aphasia and their loved ones
3. Enhance communication skills including conversation practice for members with aphasia.
4. Encourages life participation for members and caregivers
Mission Statement: We are committed to providing an inclusive environment of support, encouragement, and education to people with aphasia and their loved ones.
Activity program, Caregivers welcome, Community Outreach, Emotional support, In-person support, Online support, Regular Meetings, Social support, Therapeutic/Rehabilitation
Please contact the support group before arriving to confirm meeting location, date, and time.
Disclaimer: Our stroke support group registry includes groups that are independent of American Stroke Association. Discussion topics do not necessarily reflect the views of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.