Stroke is dangerous and deadly - the No. 5 killer and a leading cause of disability in America. But you can control and treat several risk factors for stroke. We've compiled some resources to help you reduce your risk.
Stroke Month Message [1:06] - AHA volunteer Dr. Lowenkopf, M.D. with Providence Brain and Spine Institute Oregon helps raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of stroke during #StrokeMonth. If you think someone is experiencing a stroke, please don’t delay. Call 911 immediately.
Treat Stroke FAST [1:44] - Know the warning signs of a stroke.
- What is a Stroke (PDF)
- How to Prevent a Stroke (PDF)
- How Stroke Affects You (PDF)
- Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T. (PDF)
- FAST Warning Signs Poster 11x17 (PDF)
- FAST Warning Signs Table Tent - for use with Avery template 5309 (PDF)
For additional resource on stroke delve into our stroke section. If you are interested in industry specific messaging around this topic, please contact Nick.Brodnicki@heart.org to discuss ways we can partner.