The National Stroke Association is bringing together advocacy organizations that serve people affected by stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, and multiple sclerosis to raise awareness about spasticity and help patients to resume normal daily activities. A website dedicated to providing information and resources to help ease spasticity’s muscle spasms and other symptoms, spasticityalliance.org, launched in 2016 to commemorate Spasticity Awareness Week. To commemorate Spasticity Awareness Week in 2017, the Spasticity Alliance has launched a Spanish version of its website, spanish.spasticityalliance.org.
- Provide a clearinghouse of best-of-class patient educational tools and resources
- Act as the go-to source for spasticity-related conditions
- Increase awareness of spasticity
- Address the onset of spasticity and its symptoms
- Offer management options which can include a combination of medications and therapies
- Empower patients and caregivers to discuss their symptoms with their healthcare professionals
- Build a strong alliance of patient advocacy organizations to create a united voice for spasticity messaging, tools, and resources.