What is a Million Hearts Provider Champion?
By joining the Million Hearts initiative in Missouri as a physician champion, medical professionals agree to serve as an expert resource and suggest activities and educational opportunities for the Million Hearts initiative in Missouri.
This role includes:
- Promote among their peers the use of aspirin therapy, blood pressure control, cholesterol management and smoking cessation (also known as the ABCS) for the prevention of heart attack and stroke.
- Serve on the Missouri Million Hearts Advisory Council and provide input on building infrastructure to prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Other medical professionals interested in joining the Million Hearts initiative in Missouri as a physician champion are encouraged to contact Robin Hamann with the American Heart Association at 314-296-3710.
- Physician Champion Role(link opens in new window)
- Pharmacist Champion Role(link opens in new window)
MORE ABOUT THE PROVIDER CHAMPION
RETURN TO THE MISSOURI MILLION HEARTS INITIATIVE HOME