Welcome Stroke Center Network (SCN) Members
You are a dedicated group of professionals working to improve your skills and deliver the very best in stroke care. No matter where you are in the continuum of care, take advantage of all your member benefits including online education, discounted resources for your patients, and more.
Community and Patient Education Materials
SCN members can order a yearly complimentary supply of community and patient education materials and professional resources on stroke prevention, care and recovery to help increase awareness about your facility’s stroke program and services. After your complimentary order has been placed for your membership year, you receive a 20% discount on any additional materials. Shipping is always free for U.S. members!
Download the order forms and fax to 303-649-132 or scan and email to email@example.com. You can also call 1-800-STROKES, identify yourself as a SCN member and place your order. Online ordering will be available soon.
Professional Educational opportunities
Take advantage of free accredited and non-accredited professional education which covers a variety of topics. Below you will find links to various educational opportunities.
- NIHSS paper scantron testing – Unlimited complimentary access to online and hard copy NIHSS exams, scoring and certificates (non-members pay $25 per exam).
- NIHSS online testing
- View archived webinars
- Stroke Nurse Education Modules – Complimentary access to 30 Stroke Nurse Education Modules. The modules are a series of 10 accredited online education programs for nursing staff, who want to learn about stroke and/or refresh their expertise while obtaining CEUs. Evidenced-based topics are presented, providing a total of 16.5 contact hours. Pre- and post-tests are given and upon the satisfactory completion of a module, a certificate is provided. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your membership discount code.
- Stroke Rehab Modules – Access to accredited online Stroke Rehab Modules for PTs, OTs and their assistants. Modules are based on the Glen Gillen text book titled “Stroke Rehabilitation: A Function-Based Approach.” Post-tests are given and upon the satisfactory completion of a module, a certificate is provided. Contact email@example.com for your membership discount code.
- Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist (CSRS): National Stroke Association is the certifying body for the Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist (CSRS) program. The CSRS program is aimed toward PTs, OTs and their assistants and consists of 4 seminars (8 hours each) and a certification exam. Members receive a 10% discount off the registration fee and $25 off the exam.
- On-site grand rounds (when available)-professional education programs, a turnkey toolkit that includes the presentation, faculty honorarium, food stipend, marketing materials and participant materials. Available on a first-come, first-served basis as we have a limited number of toolkits available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest Grand Rounds offerings.
- Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease – Complimentary bi-monthly subscription (in print and online) to the Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases. This professional journal includes original papers on stroke and cerebrovascular diseases as well as review articles, controversies, treatment methods, technical notes and selected case reports. Online access is limited to 1 account per facility. Contact email@example.com for your online access information.
StrokeSmart® Magazine – Members receive free and unlimited copies. To update your magazine quantities, please contact membership.
Other membership benefit
- Membership web seal
- Co-Branding: SCN members have the exclusive ability for co-branding opportunities, which such as placing our logo on your materials. Permission required. Contact membership.
- SCN member directory: Your membership includes a listing in our web-based SCN Member Directory on National Stroke Association’s web site (strokeorg.wpengine.com) averages more than 200,000 visitors each month and our numbers are growing. Member listing includes your facility’s name, city, state and web site URL.
- Online career center: For members seeking or recruiting candidates for a position. Members receive a special discount on ad rates.