The 2013 team includes charity partnerships with several premier athletic events across the U.S. Join an event team with guaranteed entry or represent stroke in a personal endurance event, such as a local 5K. Whatever the distance or athletic activity, individuals willing to raise awareness and funds for stroke are welcome to the 2013 National Stroke Association Stroke Challenge Team.
The 2013 Charity Partner Events
- Guaranteed entry into the race (National Stroke Association official charity partnerships only)
- Opportunity to participate in honor of your own experience or that of a loved one touched by stroke
- Access to National Stroke Association’s personal fundraising website to set up your online fundraising page
- Access to an amazing team of participants and volunteers
- National Stroke Association race shirt
Team Member Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed the fundraising minimum by race day
- Coordinate and purchase all travel and hotel arrangements
2012 New York City Marathon
NYC Marathon team members joined us for dinner despite the event being canceled.
2012 Chicago Marathon
Brian Brock ran the Chicago Marathon as a personal endurance event Stroke Challenge team members.
2012 TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour
On May 6, 2012, more than 30,000 cyclists peddled through all five boroughs of New York City in the TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour. As a Charity Partner in this event, National Stroke Association had 12 team members participate in this 42-mile bike ride.
2011 Boston Marathon
Endurance Team members Jeffrey Greenberg and David Bosch ran 26.2 miles for stroke in the 115th Boston Marathon on April 18, 2011.
2011 TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour
On May 1, 2011, over 30,000 cyclists peddled through all five boroughs of New York City in the TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour. As a Charity Partner in this event, National Stroke Association had nine team members participate in this 42-mile bike ride.
2011 NYC Marathon
In 2011, National Stroke Association embarked on its third year as a charity partner in the ING New York City Marathon. Team members enjoyed a pre-race dinner together before this exclusive running event.
For more information about Endurance Team events, contact us
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-STROKES (787-6537).