Stroke Center Profitability: Advanced Administrative Issues
Originally presented Tuesday, March 9
Timothy J. Shephard, PhD
Jennifer Boynton Smith
Turn a stroke program into a revenue generating center of excellence! Learn the latest about stroke systems of care models, stroke care coding and reimbursement, along with preparing successful pro formas and designing effective quality improvement initiatives. Faculty presenters will also address the future expectations of stroke care and stroke programs in the U.S.
Who Should Attend
- Stroke Center Coordinators
- Hospital Administrators
- Finance Officers
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Medical/Medical Staff Directors
- DRG Coding Specialists
Webinar Program Agenda - Download Program Handout (pdf)
- The Cost of Stroke – an Introduction
- Stroke as a Revenue Generating Center of Excellence
- Comparing Stroke Systems of Care Models
- Stroke Care Coding and Reimbursement – An Update
- Preparing a Successful Pro Forma
- Quality Improvement Initiatives: Efficiencies of Care with a Profitability Focus
- The Future of Stroke and Stroke Programs
- Large View Handout (one slide per page pdf) - please note this file is large and could take a few minutes to download, please be patient.
- Virginia Stroke Systems - web site describes all of the state-wide stroke systems efforts, inclusive of work plans and state stroke maps.
- Sample Stroke Center Proforma - for existing or start-up centers including sample financial and statistical data formats for populating the stroke center proforma.
- Sample Stroke Center Quality Dashboard Indicators
- Sample Complications Reports - Document contains two seperate sample formats for requesting complications data.
Visit www.stroke.org/business for information about additional webinar programs being offered in The Business of Stroke series.