Stroke Center Operations and Marketing - Resources
Primary Stroke Center Standards
- Recommendations for the Establishment of Primary Stroke Centers - JAMA, June 21, 2000, Vol. 283, No. 23
This article remains the gold standard for Primary Stroke Centers. It was the basis for The Joint Commission's Primary Stroke Center standards.
- The Joint Commission 2010 Disease-Specific Care Certification Manual
- Frequently Asked Questions about The Joint Commission Standards
An excellent resource. If you have a question, chances are someone else has the same question.
- The Joint Commission Perspectives
A must-have subscription for periodic updates. If your hospital is Joint Commission-accredited, check with your internal accreditation team as they will likely already subscribe to this publication. Ask them to scan each issue for Primary Stroke Center updates and forward them to you.
Primary Stroke Center Performance Measure Resources
- Summary of 2010 Stroke Measures
A one-page outline of process and clinical measures.
- Stroke National Hospital Inpatient Quality Measures
A detailed introduction to The Joint Commission clinical measure and CMS core measure requirements for stroke for the period of 4/1/10-9/30/10.
- Specifications Manual for National Hospital Inpatient Quality Measures, version 3.0b
The full manual for all measures.
Marketing Your Primary Stroke Center
- Publicity Kit For Your Joint Commission-Certified Primary Stroke Center
A must-see site if you are certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Brochures, Public Service Announcements, Videos, Posters
A great site for resources and ideas.
Visit www.stroke.org/business for information about additional webinar programs being offered in The Business of Stroke series.